Thursday, May 8, 2014

Adora - Fantasy Prone Personality




For my final paper, I wrote a seventeen page short story based on my topic: Fantasy Prone Personality. Fantasy Prone Personality (FPP) is when a person has an over active imagination, to the point where they can no longer tell the difference between reality and their fantasies.

To represent this topic, I wrote a short story called, "Adora." The story follows a young girl as she grows up with FPP. The way the story is written is both in her perspective and also in those around her, i.e her mother and father. I did this because I wanted to show how FPP is viewed in both parties. As the story progresses, more is revealed about the family and FPP.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting topic! I know when I was a child I had a crazy imagination. I can't fathom not being able to distinguish the difference between these fantasies and reality. For example... I'm a Harry Potter fan. After reading the books, I enjoyed pretending I was magical, and I tried ever so hard to convince my brother that I could go inside the walls of my room and end up in Diagon Alley. Hermione and I were friends.

    Now, if I couldn't tell that this was a fantasy, and if I confused that with my reality... boy would my adult life be a LOT more than confusing.

    Cool stuff - I'd like to read your story!

    ReplyDelete

Need to add an image? Use this code: < b > [ img ] IMAGE-URL-HERE [ /img ] < /b > (make sure you have no spaces anywhere in the code when you use it)