Monday, May 5, 2014

Cartoons Brought to Life



Ever wanted to bring a cartoon to life? Well maybe not a cartoon, but a character or aspect of a cartoon? The brand JumpFromPaper is a company which makes purses (that link takes you to their tumblr page). On first glance, they look like these purses were imposed into the picture, but they are actually real materials. Every time I look at these pictures, my eyes play tricks on me. Even when I study the pictures of the models with the purses, I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that they are actually real.

In the image on top, her purse does not look very “cartoonish.” The image on the bottom, however looks like someone photoshopped the purse into the photo. I can only imagine walking through town and seeing someone with a handbag like this. I would probably go up and ask if I could touch it, just to make sure it’s real.



These purses really play with aspects of reality. I think the idea of reality/hyperreality is similar to the 3D sidewalk art as well. Either way, I would absolutely carry around a purse like this just so I could explain aspects of the “real” to them.



1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it's just the nature of this class or what.. but I find myself being so skeptical of everything now. Nothing is real! I'm curious... what if these images are not real? What if this is a hoax? Hmm..

    ReplyDelete

Need to add an image? Use this code: < b > [ img ] IMAGE-URL-HERE [ /img ] < /b > (make sure you have no spaces anywhere in the code when you use it)